Families & Groups
Outdoor Alternative is the perfect base for family gatherings whether it be family and friends or multigenerational get togethers. Our accommodation offers the space to eat, sleep and relax, to spend time together in a relaxed and informal setting.
Perfect for car free days
- Borthwen beach is 5 minutes walk down the bumpy lane. Spend the day on the sandy beach, safe for swimming and a great place for an introduction to water sports.
- A short walk across the fields takes you to the coastal path. Explore the hidden coves and discover a wealth of sea creatures in the accessible rock pools.
- Take a longer cliff top walk to the Bwa Gwyn, the natural white arch, the coast is known for its beautiful wild flowers and great for bird watching and seal spotting.
- Take a stroll across the beach to The White Eagle for an afternoon drink in the beer garden.
- Go Coasteering or Kayaking with B-Active Rhoscolyn our on site activity provider.
- Get everybody together for a late afternoon game of rounders or cricket on the field.
- Finish the day with a BBQ in the garden or a peaceful beach fire under the stars.
And the beauty of shared holidays is that you can always find time for yourself, a morning run, a refreshing swim, pilates in the yurt, sea kayaking to the beacon, paddle boarding in the bay, or a quiet spot to read a book.
- Visit South Stack lighthouse and the RSPB Reserve to see guillemots, razorbills and puffins breeding on the iconic cliffs.
- Visit Newborough Forest for a great family bike trail and walks in the forest. Walk along the beach to the Llandwyn Island.
- Just 40 minutes drive and you are in stunning Snowdonia,
- Anglesey Sea Zoo is a unique aquarium with over 40 tanks displaying the best of British marine wildlife.
- Check out our things to do pages.
- NWWT events
Clubs and Groups
Our accommodation is the perfect venue for a club getaway or holiday. With a great communal space, warm comfortable bedrooms, and plenty of hot water for post activity showers it is a great base to return to after your busy day.
Self cater or let us look after you. We are happy to set you up for your day with a cooked breakfast, provide you with a packed lunch and hearty evening meal.
We also are happy to host annual meets, Christmas dinners and other club events.
What People Say About OA…
“It is an amazing place, totally gorgeous & the owners couldn’t do enough for you. Totally recommend & will be back, again & again. Camping is fab, & the bunkhouse is lovely, room enough for all of us, cosy with fantastic showers.”
“Peaceful and beautiful location and the spacious simple accommodation are perfect for our yoga retreat.”
” lovely views and accommodation warm and comfortable.”