What we do……Our upcycled Container Kitchen is where you can find us, book in, pick up a recycling bag, preorder a breakfast bap and buy coffee and homemade cakes and charcoal.
Our campers loos and showers are clean and modern, powered by green energy: solar photovoltaics to produce electricity for the LED motion sensor lights, phone charging and ice pack freezer; solar thermals to produce hot water for showers and the washing up area.
Supplemented by BULB electricity and LPG to ensure there is always plenty of hot water.
We have fitted water saving devices in the toilets and washbasin taps and aerated shower heads using half the water of a standard shower. We have a straw bale urinal.
We have Recycling facilities and handy recycling bags for you to pick up on arrival to help separate recycling from general rubbish.
BBQ’s are available to borrow and we have locally produced charcoal for sale.
Set in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, our 7 acres are our home, gardens and business, we are passionate about the natural environment and grow fruit and veg and keep ‘wild’ areas to encourage birds, butterflies and native flora and fauna.
What we ask you to do…….
- We ask families to travel here in one vehicle, and members of groups to car share when possible.
- Enjoy the peace and tranquility of the site and be respectful to other campers. No amplified music, all quiet by 11pm
- Be Water Wise. Use the straw bale urinal if you can. Use water sparingly in the bath for rinsing off gear.
- Rethink, Reduce, Recycle. Try to avoid overly packaged goods and disposable items. Pick up a recycling bag from us and separate plastic, glass and cans, paper and card from general rubbish. And use our recycling facilities.
- Borrow a BBQ and support a local business buying sustainable charcoal available from us. (no disposable BBQ’s)
- Have a car free day. Enjoy the beaches, sea, headlands, crags, coves and coastal path directly from the campsite.
- Explore and adventure with B-Active Rhoscolyn
- Enjoy the natural environment within this Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, a SSSI with a rich diversity of flora, fauna, birds, geological and marine habitats. Share photographs, drawings, sightings on our social media.
- No power boats or jet skis to be bought on to the campsite.
- Have a low impact on the local community, follow the country code, support local events – North Wales Wildlife Trust
- Borrow a beach cleaning kit.
- Shop Locally.
- Take only photos, leave only footprints. Please take all your things with you when you leave
What People Say About OA…
“A great campsite, just a few hundred metres from the coast. Relaxed atmosphere, where visitors mingle, rather than the regimented pitches of some sites”.
We’ll definitely be back
“We stayed one night and found this campsite very relaxed with friendly, helpful owners. We walked to the beach which is very close and the children loved it. It was also within easy walking distance of a good pub in the village. We’ll definitely be back.”
“Just back after a two night stay. Fantastic location a few minutes walk from the beach and 10 minutes from a fabulous pub. Facilities are clean and well kept. Lovely hot showers. Camping field is well kept. Really reasonable too – will definitely be back”.