Keeping OA Sustainable
Outdoor Alternative offers bunkhouse accommodation and an informal campsite for active groups, families and friends, a place to escape the busy world and enjoy the outdoors in a low impact and sustainable way.
If your looking for a ‘green’ accommodation in a great location, a place to run, swim, bike, kayak, climb, walk and relax then follow the bumpy lane…
What we ask you to do…
- We ask families to travel here in one vehicle, and members of groups to car share when possible.
- Enjoy the peace and tranquility of the site and be respectful to other guests
- Be Water Wise.
- Rethink, Reduce, Recycle. Try to avoid overly packaged goods and disposable items. Separate plastic, glass and cans, paper and card from general rubbish. And use our recycling facilities.
- Borrow a BBQ and support a local business buying sustainable charcoal available from us. (no disposable BBQ’s)
- Have a car free day. Enjoy the beaches, sea, headlands, crags, coves and coastal path directly from the campsite.
- Explore and adventure with B-Active Rhoscolyn
- Enjoy the natural environment within this Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, a SSSI with a rich diversity of flora, fauna, birds, geological and marine habitats. Share photographs, drawings, sightings on our social media.
- No power boats or jet skis to be bought on to the site.
- Have a low impact on the local community, follow the country code, support local events – North Wales Wildlife Trust
- Borrow a beach cleaning kit.
- Shop Locally.
- Take only photos, leave only footprints. Please take all your things with you when you leave