Take on the rugged and beautiful coastline of Holy Island. Starting near Southstack lighthouse, swim & rockhop through sandy bays and rocky channels, and run along high cliff edges with
Take on the rugged and beautiful coastline of Holy Island. Starting near Southstack lighthouse, swim & rockhop through sandy bays and rocky channels, and run along high cliff edges with spectacular views of Snowdonia!
Love SwimRun Holy Island will take place on the west coast of Holy Island, Anglesey, North Wales. The 18.35km multi transition linear course will involve a total of approximately 2.74km of swimming and 15.61km of running. The route will take in some of Angleseys’s most stunning scenery on mainly off road terrain, including Southstack Lighthouse and the RSPB reserve, beautiful cliff top runs with views of the mountains of Snowdonia, hidden beaches, rocky swims and a tough final climb up to the finish line – the toughest part will be passing a tempting pub and not stopping, but you can always head there after claiming your medal!
- location: Rhoscolyn, Anglesey, North Wales.
- Total course distance: Approximately 18.35km (2.74km of swimming and 15.61km of running)
- Longest run: Approximately 5.75km
- Longest Swim: Approximately 780m
- Transitions: 6 runs, 5 swims
- Elevation gain: 203m
- Cut off: 2.5 hours to finish run 3 (8.75km runing & 1.5km swimming)
- Aid stations: 2 (you are advised to carry water and a gel)
Entries will be limited to 100 places. Teams of 2 and solo entries are welcome.
- Online entry opens: 12th January 2018
- Online entry closes: 5pm on Friday 21st September 2018.
You must be over 18 years of age on the day of the race to enter the event.
- Team of 2: £190
- Solo: £95
Entry fee includes:
- Event bib
- Event swim hat
- Race timing
- Fuel and hydration during race
- Post-event refreshments
- Race medal
- Free event photos
- Prize for winners in each category – supplied by Zone3
Mandatory equipment for team and solo participants
- There will be a mandatory equipment check at registration.
- 1 First aid T4 Trauma bandage in waterproof packaging (1 per team)
- 1 wetsuit per participant suitable for water temperature of 12-14 degrees Celsius
- 1 pair goggles per participant
- 1 pair off road trainers per participant
- 1 whistle per participant
Additional mandatory equipment for solo competitors only
- 1 Tow float (any type)
Mandatory equipment that Love SwimRun will supply
- Race bibs – must be worn at all times during the race and must not be modified
- Timing chip
- Swim caps – must be worn during all the swims
Strongly recommended equipment
- Hydration system
- Emergency food
- Mobile phone in waterproof case
All Day (Saturday)
South Stack Lighthouse
South Stack Lioghthouse, Holyhead, Anglesey, LL65 1YH