Outdoor Alternative is an informal campsite for active groups, families and friends, a place to escape the busy world and enjoy the outdoors in a low impact and sustainable way.
If your looking for a ‘green’ campsite in a great location, a place to run, swim, bike, kayak, climb, walk and relax then follow the bumpy track………
Our campsite has unallocated pitches, just choose a spot on the camping fields that suits you and pitch up. Perfect for tents and camper vans.* We have 3 toilets and wash basins, and 2 showers, a compost toilet and straw bail urinal. Our repurposed container ‘The Container Kitchen’ is where you can find us, book in, pick up a recycling bag, preorder a breakfast bap and buy coffee and homemade cakes and charcoal.
We are committed to sustainable development and reducing our carbon footprint, and are passionate about the natural environment if this sounds like your sort of place and you would like to come and camp here we ask you to become a member of ‘OA Camping’. It is free to join but we ask that you share our passion for sustainable and low impact camping. To find out more and join OA Camping click here.
*Online booking for tents and camper vans only. If you have a caravan or RV you must email us directly as we are limited to 3 at any one time and have restricted access. email@example.com
Join OA Camping
Outdoor Alternative will be a sustainable and lovely place for us to live and a wonderful welcoming place for our customers to visit
Build an environmentally, socially and financially sustainable business that is fit for future generations. Where we measure what matters and clearly demonstrate that business can be a force for good and create benefit for people and the planet.
What we do
- Our campers loos and showers are clean and modern, powered by green energy:
- Solar photovoltaics to produce electricity for the LED motion sensor lights, phone charging and for the freezer for ice packs.
- Solar thermals to produce hot water for showers and the washing up area
- Supplemented by BULB electricity and LPG to ensure there is always plenty of hot water.
- A straw bale urinal (and compost loo).
- We have Recycling facilities and handy recycling bags for you to pick up on arrival to help separate recycling from general rubbish
- BBQ’s are available to borrow and locally produced charcoal for sale.
- Eggs and produce for sale when abundant.
- Set in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, our 7 acres are our home, gardens and business, we grow fruit and veg, keep hens and rear pigs.
- We have planted over 400 trees and manage ‘wild’ areas to encourage birds, butterflies and native flora and fauna and look forward to sharing it with you.
What we ask you to do
- Help us to maintain our environmental commitments to minimise our ecological footprint.
- We ask families to travel here in one vehicle, and members of groups to car share when possible.
- Enjoy the peace and tranquility of the site and be respectful to other campers.
- Be Water Wise. Use the straw bale urinal if you can. Use water sparingly in the bath for rinsing off gear.
- Rethink, Reduce, Recycle. Try to avoid overly packaged goods and disposable items.
- Pick up a recycling bag from us and separate plastic, glass and cans, paper and card from general rubbish. And use our recycling facilities.
- Borrow a BBQ and support a local business buying sustainable charcoal available from us. ( no disposable BBQ’s)
- Have a car free day. Enjoy the beaches, sea, headlands, coves and coastal path directly from the campsite.
- Explore and adventure with BActive@Rhoscolyn. (Link)
- Enjoy the natural environment within this Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, a SSSI with a rich diversity of flora, fauna, birds, geological and marine habitats. Share photographs, drawings, sitings on our social media (link)
- Have a low impact on the local community, follow the country code (link). Join in with local events. ( Link to North Wales Wildlife trust events.) Borrow a beach cleaning kit.
- Shop Locally, Anglesey Fine Foods In Valley offer local produce, a butchers, Deli, homemade meals, craft beers and fine wines.
- Take only photos, leave only footprints; please make sure you take all your things with you when you leave.
Become a member and make your booking ( sign up here)