Outdoor Alternative Booking Conditions
- The contract for accommodation will exist when we receive the appropriate booking form and deposit in cleared funds and we send you a confirmation of booking.
- The price for the accommodation will be set at the time of booking and will form part of your confirmation of booking notification. This notification supercedes any prior promises, representations or undertakings.
- Any omission or error in any web page, quotation, email, invoice or other document issued by us may be corrected by us without liability. We will advise you of any changes at the time of booking or as soon as possible thereafter.
- Making a Booking
- All groups are to have a nominated group leader who is responsible for their booking. The nominated group leader warrants that s/he has the full authority to make a booking on behalf of all the persons they are making a booking for, and confirms that all such persons are aware of and accept the conditions.
- Provisional bookings may be made by telephone or email, we will confirm all bookings in writing – normally by email.
- All bookings are subject to availability and Outdoor Alternative reserves the right to decline a booking at our discretion.
- In order to secure your booking you must pay us the appropriate deposit as stated on the booking form. The balance of your accommodation costs is to be paid on or before your date of arrival.
- Payments can be made by bank transfer or by cheque or cash.
- If any payment under these terms and conditions is overdue, then without prejudice to our other rights and remedies we may cancel your booking.
- Deposits payable under clause 3.1 are non-refundable in the circumstances set out below.
- Changes to your Booking
- If you wish to change a confirmed booking (e.g. changes in dates or numbers) such changes are subject to the availability of suitable alternative accommodation and may be subject to additional charges.
- We will inform you of any additional charges when you request your changes and shall agree such costs with you.
- Subject to availability you may change a booking to a different date up to 3 months before your arrival.
- If, less than 3 months from your date of arrival you wish to change a booking this will be treated as a cancellation and shall be subject to cancellation charges (see below).
- A Group can decrease its numbers by up to 10% up to 14 days before arrival, without incurring cancellation fees.
- If you Cancel your Booking
- All cancellations within 3 months of your arrival date are subject to a cancellation charge
- Cancellation charges are set out below:
No. of days Amount you must pay
28 days – 84 days Your deposit amount
14 days – 28 days 50% of the total cost of your stay
under 14 days The total cost of your stay
- If we change your booking
In the unlikely event it becomes necessary to change your booking, in total or in part, we will inform you as soon as is reasonably possible of any necessary changes. You shall have the choice of: accepting the changed arrangements; or making another booking with us (and paying or receiving a refund in respect of any differences); or cancelling your booking and receiving a full refund of all payments made.
- Our liability to you
- Outdoor Alternative shall ensure that the accommodation and/or services you receive from us are in accordance with your booking, are in a reasonable condition and ‘fit for purpose’.
- Our entire liability in connection with the contract will not exceed the purchase price of the services booked.
- All customers are expected to treat the accommodation, other Outdoor Alternative users and the locality and environment with respect at all times. If your behaviour is deemed to be unacceptable or causes damage your booking may be terminated and you may be asked to the leave the premises. No refunds will be made in these circumstances.
- All group leaders are to be familiar with the ‘group leader information’ provided by Outdoor Alternative and take necessary steps to ensure that their group are made aware of the information therein.
- We shall only store and use your information for the purposes of carrying out our contract with you.